Looking for the best 17- inch laptop under $1000 to buy for yourself? Go through the blog below to get information regarding the same.
Ever thought about which laptop will you buy, if you get an amount of $1000? Or you already have that budget and are planning to purchase one? Honestly, that’s the dilemma of choosing the best among all, when you are paying a good amount of money. Read the article below to find out about the best 17- inch laptop under $1000.
|Best 17- inch Laptop under $1000||Check Price|
|Top||MSI GF75 Thin Gaming Laptop||Check on Amazon|
|ASUS TUF Gaming A17 Gaming Laptop||Check on Amazon|
|HP 17.3" HD+ Premium Laptop Computer||Check on Amazon|
Worry not, we are here to guide you right through this dilemma. We will make sure that you won’t get stuck in this glint of the laptop market and choose something which will make you think about your choices, twice. In this blog, we brought you the best 17-inches laptops under $1000. Well, why 17? Because we don’t want you to settle for less and want to lead you towards having the best user experience.
Having a 17″ inch screen on a laptop will give you a completely different experience if you have switched from a smaller screen size. As the laptop is already big enough to replace a desktop PC and will give you a seamless experience not only in picture quality but in performance and functionality as well.
When you are paying $1000 for a laptop, you really don’t have to worry about using any moderate to high RAM eating software, as you will be getting at least 8GB of RAM, or 16 GB if you are lucky, and we have not listed anything less than that. You will be getting one of the best variants of processors in the market. Coming on to the GPU and the processor, they will be worthy enough so that you can be called the best gamer, or editor, because not only skills matter, but the device plays a vital role in that.
Having a big-screen laptop is good as it allows you to carry your device freely and rescue you from sitting in one place, and keep staring on a heavy, colorful, multi-functionality screen geared with a keyboard, a mouse, and a huge ‘brain’ box.
You can expect laptops under this price range of $1000 to be a performance freak, and the graphics will be terrific. They can be a workhorse as they are geared up with a huge amount of RAM and moderate GPU. These laptops are compatible for heavy gaming too, and a swift runner for video and photo editing.
If you are a content creator or thinking of becoming one, these big 17 inches screens will work as a canvas for you. With a few high-end laptops in this budget, it may be possible for you to do streaming as well.
Buyer’s Guide For The Best 17- inch Laptop under $1000
Is it time for an upgrade? Looking for a new laptop to help you with your busy lifestyle? Check out our buying guide for the best 17-inch laptops under $1000! With so many different options on the market, it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. But don’t worry, we’re here to help! Keep reading for a breakdown of some of our favorite models. You’re sure to find the perfect 17 inch gaming laptop under 1000 for your needs!
Factors to consider before buying the best 17- inch laptop under $1000
Before we give out the names of the laptop to you all, let’s talk about some important factors which will affect your user experience.
- Portability: When it comes to portability every laptop present in the market are eligible for this factor, but as the tech world is emerging more and more, various manufactures have brought different types of portable laptops mainly:
- Ultraportables: This category can be easily identified as expensive, fully-featured, and light in weight. Intel Ultrabooks and MacBook Air are the best examples of such laptops. They tend to have a screen size of 11″ – 14″ inches of space. These laptops may be great in portability, but lack performance. An SSD with a dual-core can bear the moderate pressure of heavy software and are adequate for day to day tasks. They come at a price between $768 – $2000.
- Midweight: When it comes to mid-weight laptops this segment is dominated by the laptop having the size of 15.6 inches. You can get a laptop from a basic budget to a high-end laptop. These laptops come under the category of our under $1000, but only a few of them come with a screen size of 17″ inches but will lack in performance a little bit. MacBook Pro and Samsung Series 9 are good examples of this.
- Desktop replacements: These are basically heavy laptops, weighing up to 6kgs (13.23 lbs) with an average battery life of 3-5 hours. However, if you are getting a wide range of performance – ideally for hefty work like gaming and video editing, you can see them starting from $1500 and just start counting on them.
- CPU: It’s a general rule to buy the fastest that you can in a certain price range. Problems occur when we see different companies claiming to be better than each other. Although maybe it’s a difference of blink of an eye, then still we want more.
The basic thing is to remember, how many cores you will be getting when you buy a laptop. Entry-level has dual-core, which means they will do a light amount of work. The most relevant to you, if you are a gamer or a content creator quad-core is for you, but if you like to browse the internet and do casual day to day task, dual-core is perfectly fine.
- Screen quality: After Apple brought out a revolution in the display segments by launching its Retina display, every company is trying to beat them by switching to IPS displays, which provides better color and viewing angles. As the in-plane switching (IPS) is way better than twisted nematic (TN)- the display which is used previously and will gonna finds in almost every budget laptop. Resolution is another factor to consider, as the contrast, sharpness perfect brightness, and close to natural colors, the display will give you an unmatched experience.
- Memory: Having good memory backup is essential for a laptop to perform well, the more RAM you have, the better performance you will get (if complemented by other hardware). When it comes to gaming having sufficient RAM is important because if you have an integrated graphics memory, they can either have a fraction of memory or in the worse case have no memory of their own. RAM provides them essential memory for working.
- Graphics: There are two types of graphics available i.e. Integrated Graphics and Discrete/Dedicated Graphics. The integrated graphics are in-built graphics you will find in a laptop.
After Intel HD graphics was introduced on the Core i3 processor and above, the bars have been set quite high for the integrated GPUs. They are suitable for mild work like manipulating images, web browsing, light gaming, and video watching.
But if you want something extra, you can opt for discrete graphics, which will be a dedicated GPU. There are many options available but choose according to your work, because only 30% – 40% of the workload is handled by GPU.
- Storage Capacity: When it comes to storage, the larger space, the higher the benefits. . But that doesn’t mean you have to be extravagant and spend for no reason. The storage size of 256GB is good to start from. The hard drives are of two types: HARD Disk Drive (HDD) and Solid State Drive(SSD). HDD will give you a large amount of storage but it will be slower, as it has moving parts. Going for SSD will be a much better option as they are flash memory and have a relatively better speed than SSD.
These were some factors on which you can think upon, and make a decision to buy a new machine for yourself because giving an amount of $1000 for a laptop will be something you want to keep for the long-run, you will not change it within a year or two.
You should remember that no matter how good or best laptop you buy, these devices have a chance of system failures and accidents. So keeping in mind about the warranty of the products. It’s good to have a warranty for at least 3 years.
5 Best 17- inch Laptop under $1000
1. MSI GF75 Thin 2020
The MSI GF75 Thin 2020 starts from $939 (Amazon). It has the same design as the older version GF75 9SC. The attractive part of the design is the bezel-less display and comparatively lesser weight than other competitors. The hinges are a bit sticky when opening. With smooth aluminum outer lid with a mixture of glossy and matte finish gives it a bold look.
A bit problem occurs when you open the display fully, as the base rises slightly. The surface of the laptop is a lover of fingerprints, so you will be finding many of them on your laptop. The bottom of the laptop is designed with corners cuts and angles, which may look a bit over.
Talking about the keyboard and touchpad, they are the best among the gaming laptops. The red-backlit keyboard is pleasing to the eyes and makes the typing experience nice. The touchpad is a bit smaller than the previous version but because of the high refresh rate of 144Hz, it feels swift. The key feedback is crispy.
The display in this laptop feels smooth because of the high refresh rate. The IPS display is also above average, there is average contrast, little limited brightness. Overall the display is decent, because it may be grainy if you watch a high-resolution video.
Performance-wise this laptop is really good as the benchmarks are higher than previous GF versions. You can handle hefty tasks with this laptop.
The Bottom Line: The device has a gorgeous display and a good gaming performance. The light factor of thin and red light is awesome, with decent battery life. The cons are speaker is average; hinge flex is something to worry about, otherwise, it’s a power-packed machine.
2. ASUS TUF A17
Asus TUF series has always been a decent alternative when it comes to a gaming laptop, but this time the company is taking a huge leap. The laptop comes with a strong processor like Ryzen7 at $1000 (Amazon), which is the most expensive on our list. Equipped with a GPU from the house of NVIDIA, and battery life that is close to awesome.
Design-wise it has an aluminum lid attached with a plastic deck. At the center of the lid, there is the logo of TUF which seems like a sign of a monster, which truly complements the laptop as it is the performance monster. The interior is also quite well as the keyboard is comfortable and bezels are thin, which gives a premium look.
Coming to the display, it has a 120Hz refresh rate which is smooth but when compared with other gaming laptops the screen is dim. Performance is incredible, as it can handle around 40 chrome tabs at once, without any fluttering. On the Geekbench, it scored around 24,568. The data storing speed is also good because of SSD, which works like a cherry on the cake, complementing the 16GB of monstrous RAM.
The battery life of the laptop is average, as you can expect because of such good performance, that’s definitely going to consume battery.
The Bottom Line: If you can manage the low brightness of the display and bass in the speaker doesn’t bother you much. You can go for it, as you will be having an ultimate performance machine.
3. HP 17 – 3053cl
As every laptop with high performance is made by keeping gamers in mind, HP brought a machine for mainstream users. Starting from $999, a perfect suit for everyday users. Powered with Intel i5 and GPU of GeForce GTX 1650i, it has the power to be a competitor mid-budget laptops. HP 17 can handle your light editing needs and it has good looking design too.
The HP laptop has an elegant design with an aluminum chassis that matches the quality of Apple. The laptop isn’t small but you will notice bezels around the corner, which will give a feel of a mid-range laptop. The large chassis provide adequate space for ports.
Audio and display in the device are above average. The display provides vibrant color and crisp details. Audio quality is also good if watching a movie without accessories will be good.
The Bottom Line: The HP 17 has a nice and brilliant design with a brilliant display. The only thing it lags behind is in the graphic as it can’t support intense gaming.
4. Acer Nitro 5
After so many high priced laptops, we brought a laptop for budget gamers, not everyone wants to pay a price above $800, yet want a good performance laptop. So here it is, the Acer Nitro 5, it comes with a massive screen size of 17 inches, but you will find bezels on the sides. The hinge in the display makes the laptop feels tough when opened, as it wholly supports the base. The amount of ports is also good as you will get an ample number of ports for your casual uses.
Acer Nitro 5 comes with a digestive price of $749 (Amazon) and gives optimum performance in the segment of budget-friendly gaming laptops. This device is geared up with Intel i5 8th gen processor with the addition of Nividia GeForce GTX GPU.
With a decent screen of 1080p for gaming complementing a comfortable keyboard, this laptop still comes at a reasonable price. The booting speed is average. The keyboard does not have a backlight, which may be a turn-off for some game lovers.
The Bottom Line: Talking about this laptop or you can call it a budget gaming laptop, it isn’t for a professional gamer. But if you are new to gaming, or just want to buy a sturdy laptop with a mid- to- high level of performance and a good battery life, this laptop is for you. Remember that, the speakers could have been better as they tend to produce irritating highs.
5. ASUS VIVOBOOK 17
With an AMD RYZEN 5 hexa core processor, 8GB of RAM, and a massive 1TB HDD, this laptop is sure to power through even the most demanding tasks. And the 256GB SSD ensures lightning-fast boot times and smooth performance.
Plus, the AMD Radeon graphics card delivers stunning visuals for an immersive gaming experience. And with its Full HD LED display, you’ll enjoy crisp images and vibrant colors. So whether you’re gaming, streaming movies, or working on your latest project, the ASUS VIVOBOOK 17 has you covered.
So, there you have it – our top picks for the best 17- inch laptop under $1000. Whether you’re looking for a powerful workhorse or a multimedia powerhouse, one of these laptops should fit the bill.
If you are in the market for a new laptop, we hope that our list of the “best 17- inch laptop under $1000” has helped you narrow down your choices. We understand that making a purchase like this can be difficult, so we appreciate your time and thank you for considering our recommendations.
And don’t forget – if you can’t find what you’re looking for in this list, be sure to check out our other laptop guides and roundups to find the perfect machine for your needs. Do you have any questions about these laptops or anything else related to technology? Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us – we would love to hear from you!